Don’t Be Afraid To File A Petition Against Builders…

mera reraOne of the most common problems faced by clients in real estate sector is delayed possession. This delayed possession impacts buyers in various ways. It becomes unfeasible for the buyer to plan future or it increases their costs of living like if you are staying in rented property, you will have to pay extra rent until the time you don’t get your new house or you might continuously live in the fear of losing all his deposit money?

It becomes really important for people in this fast moving world to know the legal route to seek justice in the case of delayed possession.

Not many people know that all builders/contractor(s)/all concerned authorities of any State engaged in Housing Construction activity in any manner are amenable to Consumer Protection Act, 1986 for any act or omission relating to housing activity such as: Delay in delivery of possession, non-completion of construction within the stipulated time, defective and faulty construction.

To file a complaint, you need to send your issue to the party through a legal notice. Thereafter, wait for the response from the other party. If you get no response, prepare a petition and file all the evidence in a consumer court.

Consumer forums are very quick. In a consumer forum, there are three hierarchies.

Upto 20 lakhs you can go to the district court, upto one crore you can go to the state court and one crore you can directly go to the national court. These consumer forums are very active in addressing the grievances of consumers and might even impose heavy penalty on builders.

Don’t Be Afraid To File A Petition Against Builders…
Submit Your Query
Builder not in list? Add Now +
Project not in list? Add Now +
Characters remaining: 900
Get your answer